This page is for my hobby project, simply called "SocksProxy", which is a
socks proxy released under the
- 2022-02-24 Version 3.1 64 bit.
- 2021-04-20 Version 3.0 Support for ipv6, improved use of encryption.
- 2020-12-13 Version 2.4 Code cleanup, bugfix in configuration program.
- 2020-01-16 Version 2.3 Transparent UDP proxy.
- 2019-10-10 Version 2.2 Configuration import/export/clear.
- 2019-05-15 Version 2.1 External ip on carriers.
- 2018-12-27 Version 2.0 Tunnels.
- 2016-12-31 Version 1.6 Refactoring.
- 2015-12-12 Version 1.5 Code cleanup, bugfix in configuration program.
- 2015-01-20 Version 1.4 Code cleanup.
- 2014-12-10 Version 1.3 Configuration program.
- 2014-10-16 Version 1.2 Bugfixes.
- 2014-07-13 Version 1.1 Minor bugfixes.
- 2014-02-12 Version 1.0 Initial release.
- Offers transparent proxies with the possilibity of routing the GRE
protocol, enabling proxying of Microsoft VPN connections.
- Offers tunnels using a proprietary protocol, including compression and
Socks 4a and
Socks 5 protocols.
- Supports no authentication, and
authentication for the Socks protocols - and it is thus not compliant, as it
does not implement
- Capable of looking up it's own ip address and those of configured machines
- Can run as a service or from a command prompt, type "socksproxy -?" to see
a complete list of options.
- No installer, just put the files in some directory, and install as a
service or start it directly from a command prompt.
- Dynamic configuration.
It should be possible to reconfigure the proxy without restarting it.
Also, if a proxy service is disabled because of some possibly intermittent
failure, the proxy should retry regularly.
- Unit tests included in the release.
See Configuration for details on configuring
See Code for various bits of information regarding the
Released under the
GNU License, the
source can be downloaded as well as
32 bit binaries and
64 bit binaries.
The project files are in Microsoft's Visual Studio 2012 format, but the source
files themselves can easily be compiled with any other compiler.
Last revised: 2022-02-25